Beauty doesn’t have to break the bank. We have the 10 best cheap tips to gorgeous skin, hair and body!
1. Dull skin: Mash up an apply, slather it on and leave it for as long as you can. It contains natural alpha hydroxyl acids to soften and exfoliate skin.
2. Red spot: Crush up an aspirin with a few drops of water and dab on the spot at bedtime. It’s an antibacterial and will reduce the redness.
3. Natural face lift: Separate an egg, whisk the white until slightly stiffer then apply to the face for 20 minutes. Rinse off with warm water.
4. Dry skin: If you’re out of exfoliator add some brown sugar to your normal cleansing wash and rub it gently over your face.
5. Dark patches on elbows and knees: Sprinkle sugar on to half a lemon and rub into the dark area to exfoliate and bleach the skin.
6. Plumper lips: Add a few drops of peppermint oil to your lip balms for plumper lips in seconds.
7. Whiter teeth: Crush some strawberries and rub them over your teeth, allowing the seeds to help polish off stains.
8. Lifeless locks: Add a little white wine vinegar while you’re in the shower. Leave for a couple of minutes and rinse.
9. Bad roots: If you’re a blonde with dark roots forget talc (you’ll look grey) and use some loose powder from your make-up bag instead. The colour is likely to be closer to your scalp and hair.
10. Split cuticles: Splitting tends to occur when the skin dries out in the winter winds and moisture-sapping central heating. Carry some Vaseline or cocoa butter lip balm around with you and apply it to both your lips and nails to kill two beauty birds with one stone.
For more fantastic answers to all your beauty questions get your mitts on a copy of “Ask: the 1000 most asked questions about beauty” by Bella Blissett (Hachette Livre).