10 Minute Tiramisu
1/4 cup caster sugar
2 Tablespoons amaretto (optional)
1 cup cream
1 cup coffee, preferably espresso
24 sponge fingers/savoiardi biscuits
100g good quality chocolate (at least 60%), grated
1. In a large bowl whisk the mascarpone, sugar and amaretto (if using) until smooth.
2. In another bowl, whip the cream to soft peaks. Fold through the mascarpone mixture.
3. Pour the coffee into a large bowl. Quickly dip 12 sponge fingers in the coffee (no more than 2 seconds) and arrange in a single layer at the bottom of a serving dish (preferably a large glass serving bowl or baking dish so you can show off the layers). Be careful not to let the sponge fingers soak in the coffee too long as they will disintegrate.
4. Spread half the mascarpone mix over the first layer of sponge fingers. Sprinkle with half the grated chocolate.
5. Dip the remaining 12 biscuits in the coffee and arrange over the mascarpone. Carefully spread the remaining mascarpone over the top. Finish with the grated chocolate.
6. Refrigerate for a few hours to combine the flavours.
Optional: If you like a more pronounced coffee flavour add 1 Tablespoon Bailey’s or Kahlua to the mascarpone mixture in Step 1.