Say hello to the greatest hairstyle of your life.
I’m a brunette. I have dark-ish brown, medium length, super thick hair I haven’t dyed for five years now (holy hell). But before that, I was blonde, and I don’t mean that copper-honey-ish colour a lot of ladies go to avoid the Barbie look. I was platinum, almost white, 40 volt peroxide blonde, and I loved it with a fiery passion.
But my hair certainly didn’t love it, especially as the peroxide would burn my hairdresser’s fingers as she painstakingly put in the foils. I had a choice; keep crucifying my hair while spending $200 every six weeks to keep the roots at bay…or be true to my genetics and brunettify myself.
Of course I took the second option. My hair liked it, and so did my bank balance. Still, I missed waking up in the morning and tossing back my mane of glossy blonde hair. I dreamed of a balance; some sort of super-hair-colour with the glamour of blonde and the classy sex appeal of brunette.
Could such a thing exist? Were my lofty expectations in vain…or was there something out there that could quell the pang of nostalgia every time I looked at my old Facebook photos? The answer is YES! Welcome to the wonderful world of bronde; half brunette, half blonde, and all awesome. Just to prove how excited I am about finally fulfilling my hair-spirations in all their bronde glory, here are 13 reasons why you should do the same…
1. It makes your sex-eyes smoulder.
2. It gives tanned skin that gorgeous glow.
3. And it makes pale skin look luminous.
4. It brings out your million dollar smile.
5. And looks simply stunning styled with a subtle wave.
6. It creates an instant beachy goddess vibe.
7. And it looks gorgeous with every complexion.
8. It gives simple up-dos that extra X factor.
9. And flatters your face like few other hairstyles can.
10. Also, we should do anything Jennifer Lawrence does.
11. Plus, if Hermione Granger’s doing it, it’s definitely the smart thing. ‘Nuff said.
Images via Popsugar.com, Infobae.com, Hairstylesandhaircuts.com, Glamour.com, Pix-hd.com, Shape.com, Stefan.com.au, Serialshoppeuz.com, 15minutenews.com, Meltyfan.it