It doesn’t cost a thing to be kind to others.
It’s that time of year again; the silly season. And though many of us dread the inevitable annoyances of Christmas (like being forced to spend dinner explaining to your relatives why you’re still single/haven’t had a baby yet), there are many more who don’t have the luxury of worrying about what crappy gifts they’ll get from their coworkers this year, instead struggling to make it through another festive season living alone, in poverty, on the streets, or battling mental illness.
So if you truly want to spread good cheer this Christmas, don’t do it with store cards or objects, instead, try enacting a little good will. Here are 19 random acts of kindness you can start doing right now. The bonus? They’ll make you feel way better about yourself than buying your coworkers yet another boring Christmas mug…
1. Stopping to protect someone’s upholstery.
2. Slipping a sweet compliment under the door.
3. Helping someone with their bags.
4. Thinking about animal welfare in challenging weather.
5. Paying for someone to have a treat to cure the 3pm slump.
6. A simple greeting to make someone’s day.
7. Being thoughtful to others on public transport.
8. Cheering up a stranger going through a tough time.
9. Saving a stray animal in need
10. Offering a simple but invaluable service to those in need.
11. Refreshing the community.
12. Being a hero at the laundromat.
13. Sitting and reading to someone who can’t do it themselves.
14. Saying sorry when you’ve done something wrong.
15. Offering power to people who have none in times of need.
16. Showing solidarity with those who are different than you.
17. Offering an umbrella in the rain.
18. Saving someone from a potential panic situation.
19. Being kind to one another.
Images via reddit.com, Facebook, viralnova.com, Buzzfeed.com.
Comment: Have you ever experienced a random act of kindness? Share it with us!