Having long hair can be difficult to tame on the best of days, so creating a go-to hairstyle for work should be effective and time efficient. Put away hair straighteners, curlers and simply roll out of bed and try one of our top three hairstyles for long hair.
A more sophisticated way of wearing your hair in a high bun, without the fear that your hair will distract you or fall into your face during the day. The foundation of this hairstyle requires you to use a donut bun, or sock which is circular and hollow in the middle. This is a chic look for the office or a night out.
- Firstly brush your hair so it’s free from any knots, then put it all behind your shoulders. Tie into a low or high ponytail, depending on where you want the bun to sit, or where is most comfortable.
- Take the donut bun, and put it through your hair.
- Try to cover the donut bun with your hair, and then tuck it in so no strands are visible. Pin any loose strands of hair with bobby pins if they don’t fit into the donut bun.
- Remember to pick a bun which is the same shade as your hair, so it doesn’t stick out if your hair moves out of place during the day.
A side swept low ponytail is perfect if you’re short on time. Simply let your layers or bangs out, tie hair loosely and position to your preferred side. This is a great look if you have naturally curly hair since it gives the hairstyle body. Some hairspray would be ideal to hold the entire look together all day long.
If you choose to wear your hair down for the day, try incorporating the pouf to give the hair some amazing volume. This look only requires a few bobby pins, hair spray and playing around with the hair until you find what suits you.
- Take the top strands of your hair into a half-up, half-down hairstyle and spray with some sea salt.
- Pin back these strands of hair, and create volume by teasing at the roots if you have the extra time. If not, simply use hair spray for some faux volume and let your layers out at the sides for a fun look that works just as well for the office.
Image via Obiter-Dicta
By Felicia Sapountzis