The Style Network’s oh-so-chic Jeannie Mai shares 4 ways to revamp your look, from drab-to-fab DIY to finding the ultimate red lipstick.
1. Make a statement with jewellery
When it comes to accessories you cannot make a statement without a larger than life piece of jewellery. Whether you have on a cute dress, a button up shirt or a pair of jeans, all you need is an amazing piece to make it pop! Just make sure you stick to one piece to avoid overdoing it:
· Statement necklace
· Cocktail ring
· Big gorgeous earrings
2. The ultimate red lipstick
Nothing is more chic than an amazing red lipstick. Finding the right one is crucial and it all depends on your skin tone:
· Fair Skin – Try a warmer yellow or orange-based red
· Dark Skin – Try a cool blue base or a pink-red shade
It’s all about experimentation! The worst thing that can happen is that you simply wipe it off and start again.
3. DIY clutch (perfect for the races!)
Here is a simple technique to dress up your basic clutch:
· Simply take your basic clutch and a necklace (perhaps one you don’t wear anymore so you can put it to good use). Place the necklace inside the clutch and either fasten it or attach to the sides so you can fit to wear it over your shoulder. Voila, you have a new look over-the-shoulder bag!
4. From drab to fab
Take your old, boring bling and turn it into something fabulous! All you need is a necklace and some ribbon. Fold the necklace in half, take your ribbon, tie it over the fold to keep it in place, and voila! So simple and you now have a new necklace!
As an experienced makeup artist and fashion expert, Jeannie Mai brings her exuberant personality and unbridled talent to Style as host of How Do I Look? which is currently in its twelfth season. After successfully launching her career as a trend-setting stylist with a roster of clients that includes Christina Aguilera, Alicia Keys and Rosario Dawson, she can also be seen as a frequent fashion correspondent on E! News.