44 Money Saving Tips for the New Year con’t
Money saving ideas for your Foods & Groceries:
24. Buying fresh fruit & vegies from markets.
25. Always take fruit & snacks in car to avoid having to buy food on long trips.
26. Eat healthy food rather than taking supplements
27. Buy laundry detergent, toilet paper, soap, shampoo, etc in bulk.
28. Pay more attention to what is on sale at the grocery store.
29. Only buy as much fresh fruit and vegies as you need for that week.
30. If you’re using your oven, throw in other stuff that you can eat later. So while your casserole is cooking, you can also cook potatoes or winter squash with no additional energy cost.
31. Recycle wherever possible – plastic bags, aluminium foil, leftovers from meals.
Money saving ideas for your Gifts:
32. Grow and take flowers to family and friends (pansies, sweet peas, primulas etc – ones that are not usually for sale as cut flowers)
33. Buy fewer Christmas items, enjoy making a few gifts yourself
34. Make and give a ?grateful journal?
Money saving ideas for your Household Costs:
35. Shop around ? always get more than 1 quotation for contractor work, or DIY if you know how!
36. Put water heater on a timer. Heat 2 hours morning & 2 hours late afternoon.
37. Clean the coils behind your refrigerator. Vacuum them every four to six months. (You may have to unscrew a panel to get to them.). Your refrigerator will run cooler and quieter, last longer, and use less electricity
38. Use less water!
Money saving ideas for your Household Purchases:
39. Buy appliances you know you need in SALES
40. Buy scratched and dented white goods (they still work the same)
41. Don’t buy on impulse. When you have an urge to make a major purchase, think about it for a week or so. If you still want it, then look at buying it. Often the urge passes
42. Share tools with friends and neighbours – especially things you rarely use.
Money saving ideas for your Travel & Transport:
43 Travel at low peak times of year, and low peak times of day if it makes a difference.
44. Use your bike to get to and from work if you live close enough, and save on public or private transportation. Get physically fit at the same time. Or carpool if you can’t use a bike.
By Sandy Forster
Sandy Forster is an international bestselling author, prosperity mentor, international speaker, mother and entrepreneur. Sandy has been on an incredible life journey from being $100,000 in debt, and being called a ?crummy mummy? by her kids to creating over $1 million dollars in less than a year and her self published book, How To Be Wildly Wealthy Fast reaching number 5 on amazon.com.
Catch Sandy speaking at these FREE events coming up soon around the country:
Gold Coast – Tuesday 31 January – Holiday Inn, 22 View Avenue, Surfers Paradise
Sunshine Coast – Wednesday 1 February – Landmark Resort, Cnr The Esplanade & Burnett Street, Mooloolaba
Brisbane – Thursday 2 February – Riverview Hotel, Cnr Kingsford Smith Drive and Hunt St, Hamilton, Brisbane.
Melbourne – Tuesday 7 February – Marriott Hotel, Corner Lonsdale & Exhibition Streets, Melbourne.
Sydney – Wednesday 8 February – The Next Generation Club, Within Ryde Aquatic Centre complex, Ryde, Sydney
In all cases registration is from 6.30pm for a 7.00pm start. Events will end approximately 8.30pm. Bookings are ESSENTIAL and can be made here