Nutritionist and exercise physiologist Caitlin Reid is the founder of Health & The City, which helps hectic urbanites (yes, you!) achieve healthier lives. She shares 5 ways we can all eat healthier without dieting.
1. Reading food labels helps you understand what is in the food you are eating and ensures you choose foods that meet your nutritional needs.
2. When comparing food products to find out which one is the best for you, use the per 100g column.
3. Choose natural products that contain wholefoods and look for products that contain no artificial flavours or colours.
4. If a products is lower in salt (listed as sodium in the nutrition information panel), look at the nutrition information panel and ingredients list to check that it is not high in other nasties like sugar.
5. Use the serving size listed in the nutrition information panel to compare your portion size too. Often we eat more than is recommended.
What’s your favourite healthy eating tip?