Summer means mangos, and celebrity chef Tobie Puttock is just as obsessed with mangoes as we are. So we asked him for some new ideas for our favourite summer fruit, including an easy 5-ingredient-or-less dessert!
1. You’re best known for your easy, Italian recipes – do you have an Italian recipe using mangos?
Sure! Apart from the famous mango bellini, mangoes actually fit well into quite a few of my favourite Italian dishes including sorbettos, gelati and of course my caramelised brioche with grilled mango.
2. Spring is picnic weather – what do you like to bring to a picnic?
I always try and keep picnics pretty easy. Of course I would bring sparkling water and maybe a cheeky bottle of champagne and maybe some mango sorbet would be lovely as well.
3. What’s your favourite 5 ingredient-or-less dish using mangos?
Grilled mango, plain yoghurt, pistachio nuts, palm sugar.
4. What are you looking forward to cooking this spring/summer?
I love cooking Thai food at home and during summer it’s perfect – those hot, sour, sweet and salty flavours are perfect for heat.
5. We all love mangos in a fruit salad, but how can you make a fruit salad a bit sexier?
Making flavoured sugars always brings life to fruit salad, its very easy. To make mint sugar you simply pound some mint and sugar together in a mortar and pestle until the sugar is a punchy green colour and then sprinkle the sugar over the top of the fruit salad. Another naughty one is using champagne, simply drizzle a little over the fruit and serve.
What’s your favourite mango recipe?