7 Anti-Ageing Secrets You Need To Know Now
1. By eating a balanced healthy diet with an emphasis on essential nutrients, as well as limiting alcohol, exercising moderately and regularly (2-3 times a week) and quitting smoking you have a fighting chance to delay the ageing process and staying healthy and energetic. The secret to looking and feeling young is in the food that you eat, and it’s never too early to start thinking about how your diet affects your body’s ageing process.
2. Antioxidants play an important role in anti-ageing. Antioxidants are vitamins like vitamin C but also things like bioflavenoids which fight free radicals, and free radicals are what damage our DNA and all sorts of other things in our bodies. Brightly coloured fruit and vegetables like spinach and grapes are the ones that contain the most of these flavenoids. Antioxidants can also be taken in the form of a supplement.
3. Banish stress. Take up yoga, meditation or some form of relaxation to help you deal with stress. Look after yourself and treat yourself as number 1. Pamper yourself in ways that will make you feel good.
4. Laugh through life. It’s a cliche but it’s true – laughter is the best medicine. Watch a favourite comedy or YouTube clip and have a good belly laugh to get your endorphins going.
5. Get a good night’s sleep. Sleep does wonders for your skin and if you’re finding it hard to keep a regular sleeping pattern, try Valerian tablets. These completely herbal, non-addictive tablets destress and bring on restful sleep and might be just the thing you need.
6. Take a multivitamin or nutrition supplement to feed your skin from the inside. Fish oil tablets aren’t just great for the heart, but brilliant for plumping up the skin from the inside out. There are also fantastic hair, skin and nails supplements that nourish the parts that show your age the most
7. Less is more with your skincare. Try an organic skincare range and only use the minimum amount of products you need, such as cleanser, moisturiser and eye cream. Some skins can age using the wrong skincare or simply by using too much product. Be gentle on your skin and treat it with TLC.
Are you concerned by ageing? What’s your tip to looking great for your age?