From body brushing to getting your fake tan on, pamper your over-partied skin with these 7 essential skincare tips from Veet Beauty Director Amy Erbacher.
1. Firstly make sure hair is long enough to wax, otherwise you won’t be able to achieve that silky smooth look. However, with Veet’s EasyGrip Ready-To-Use Wax Strips formula, you can remove hair as short as 1.5mm in length so you will have no more trouble with stubble!
HAVE YOUR SAY:
"[…] body brushing change the appearance of your skin? Keep reading for our..."Comment »
2. If you have sensitised skin, I recommend waxing two days before your special event using Veet’s Easy Wax Electrical Roll-On Kit with Sensitive Refills and then wait another day to exfoliate to prevent irritation that may be caused immediately after.
3. Prior to achieving a subtle glow with your fake tan application, exfoliation is a must! Why? To gently remove dead skin cell build up, so you have an even canvas to apply your fake tan. It also keeps the tan longer.
I would dry body brush before jumping in the shower or bathing. Remember not to push too hard with the brush as the bristles will do the work, along with gentle swift movements towards the heart. Dry body brushing also aids in detoxification and adds a glow to the skin!
4. Fake it – don’t bake it! Don’t over do the fake tan, but just slightly take the edge off pale skin. Especially if, for instance, you are wearing a lot of bright colours and printed fabrics.
5. Fake tan doesn’t work for you? Always apply body shimmer with your favourite moisturising body cream.
6. To prevent dry snake-like skin, be sure to moisturise as much as possible – body oils are great, particularly as fake tan tends to dry the skin out more. I’d apply body oils in the evening and a light weight moisturiser with sunscreen during the day.
7. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! Drinks lots of water to keep skin hydrated for overall health.