The Essentials Of Healthy Skin
SheSaid asked Dr Schlothauer, Chief Technology Officer at skincare brand Comvita how we can all achieve healthy, radiant skin through our diet and daily life.
1. Always wash your fruit and vegetables in water and vinegar to minimise the chemical load and to remove pesticides and kill bacteria.
2. Avoid artificial sweeteners such as aspartame and saccharine and replace with natural sweeteners such as Manuka honey and brown sugar.
3. Avoid eating a diet of fried and processed foods.
4. Keep your body and skin hydrated by drinking approximately 2.5 litres a day.
5. Regular, daily exercise and fresh air.
6. Eat good quality carbohydrates such as vegetables, wholegrains, almonds, avocado, sushi, Manuka honey, wheat pasta, rolled oats, beans, and quality protein such as free-range chicken, free-range or organic eggs, lean meat lamb and fish high in omega-3 fatty acids, Vitamin B12, B6 and low in saturated fats.
7. Always protect your skin from the sun.
Next week we’ll look at why Manuka honey is so beneficial for skin and why we should avoid parabens and sulphates in our beauty products.
Comvita Skincare with HUNI®XA™ Manuka honey has just launched exclusive to David Jones. Comvita, being the world’s largest manufacturer of Manuka honey understands the importance of providing your skin with nutritional elements to nourish, moisture, firm and protect your skin. The skincare range is also free from paraben, sodium lauryl sulphate, synthetic colours and fragrances, mineral oils or GE modified plant materials. Visit www.comvita.com.au for more information.
Is natural skincare important to you?