Just like riding a bike…
We’ve all heard about the studies that prove cycling improves sex (doesn’t all exercise?) but there’s been nothing published on how similar the two sports actually are… until now.
Unlike sex, cycling is not one of my strong suits. I refused to get on a bicycle until I was seven, then it only took another four years for the training wheels to come off. Actually, I was against that too, but my grandfather made the executive decision that if I didn’t trust myself then, I would grow up to be a geeky 40 year-old with braces who still rode around on four wheels.
Anyway, four years later I was introduced to sexercise, and the only time I found myself on a bike over the next however many years was at the gym, on a stationary one that wouldn’t cause any scraped knees.
Come to think of it, though, scraped knees are something that can come of cycling and sex. Here are seven more similarities…
1. You can do it alone, but it’s more fun with other people
2. Good legs will get you a long way
3. It feels good to switch positions every now and then
4. Most people spend more time talking about it than actually doing it
5. If you don’t keep pumping, you won’t get anywhere
6. Sometimes you can ride for hours and not get off
7. No matter how old you get, you’ll never forget how to do it. Well, usually…
Images via giphy.com and tumblr.com.
Comment: If you had to choose one to do for the rest of your life, would you choose cycling or sex?