Ovaries before brovaries.
The girl code comes with a long list of spoken and unspoken rules. And if there’s anyone who upholds it ever so gracefully, it’s Amy Poehler’s alter ego, Parks & Recreation‘s Leslie Knope.
There’s a lot we all could learn about sisterhood through some of her brilliant one-liners…
1. Her priorities are straight: “Friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, work. But work has to come third.”
2. Encouraging your positive body image is her specialty.
3. She knows how to get ladies night started.
4. Ask her what to wear out on a hot date, and her advice is always on point.
5. She’s the kind of wing-woman who always puts, “ovaries before brovaries.”
6. Her compliments are unlike any you’ve ever received.
7. And at the end of the day, when all is said and done, she only brings out your absolute best.
8. Because she’s your BFF…
9. And that sh*t’s forever!
Images via Blog.spylight.com, Buzzfeed, Pixel.nymag.com