Anne Hathaway’s Best Fashion Moments
Not only do we love Anne Hathaway for the amazing actress she is (wait till you see her in Love & Other Drugs), but she’s also one of the leading fashionistas of our times. Classy, understated yet trend-setting – she’s one of the few 20-somethings who doesn’t flash her body or change her style every 5 minutes to get noticed. No wonder she’s being compared to a modern day Audrey Hepburn!
1. Anne shines in this white sculptured Antonio Berardi dress at the world premiere of Love & Other Drugs. Jake Gyllenhaal makes the perfect handbag don’t you think?
2. Wouldn’t this pure white silk-and-lace gown make a show-stopping wedding dress? Figure hugging with a glimpse of leg, Anne does sexy without being OTT. Nicely played!
3. Who says black tie needs to be long and boring? Anne is typically elegant in a white shift dress and natural-toned coat – very Audrey.
4. Anne (or should that be Athena?) pulls off the Grecian trend like a true goddess, keeping accessories to a minimum at last year’s Screen Actor’s Guild awards.
5. While Anne usually goes for earthy tones, this luscious red gown proves she likes to mix it up – and can get away with it. Long, straightened hair vamps it up another notch.
6. We all dream of dressing casually chic, but few pull it off like Anne. The elements are basic – skinny jeans, a fabulous trench, red heels and Jackie O sunglasses – but it’s a head-turning fashion moment.
7. Wow. This champagne-hued strapless gown by Armani Prive is Oscars perfection. The up-do and red lips are the only accessories needed.
8. Such a fun look! Anne described this Antonio Berardi dress as “two dresses in one” and proves her fashion-forward credentials. The hair, as always, is immaculate.
9. Love this brave move to wear a tuxedo to a movie premier! The masculine look is very sexy and easy to do it yourself if you don’t have Anne’s Dolce & Gabbana tux: match slim black pants and a black jacket with your highest open-toed shoes. Tie hair up in a high ponytail and voila!
10. Anne says she learnt a lot about the fashion industry while making The Devil Wears Prada but still “doesn’t have a clue” about what to wear! We beg to differ, and so do big name designers who clear their front rows for her. Here she is at a Valentino parade in a nude sequin and applique dress.
11. If you’re going to win so many awards you might as well hit the red carpet in a show-stopping gown! This romantic Valentino couture gown starts with a corset and ends in a feather-light, sparkly chiffon skirt that’s too pretty for words. Audrey would be proud…
Which is your favourite Anne Hathaway look?