Lindt Excellence Coconut Delight
Posted by Editor
Lindt Maitre Chocolatier Thomas Schnetzler has created a sensational dessert: one half is a decadent coconut, and the other lime, with a delicious caramel sauce to compliment all the flavours.
Makes 4-6 individual portions
Preparation time 30 minutes plus setting overnight
150g Caster sugar for the caramel
50g Desiccated coconut, toast golden and brown
45g Caster sugar
Splash Malibu (optional)
3 each Gelatine leafs, gold grade, soaked in ice cold water
100g Cream, lightly whipped
1each Lime, zest onlyv
80g Lindt Excellence Coconut Intense, melted
1. Prepare the moulds by greasing them lightly and in a small saucepan prepare a golden brown caramel.
2. Once the desired colour is reached, line the base of the moulds with a thin layer of caramel as you would do for a crème caramel.
3. Then combine the milk and coconut and bring to the boil. Set aside and allow to infuse for 10-15 minutes.
4. Strain through a fine sift into a bowl and if required top up with milk to make 250ml.
5. Stir in the sugar and Malibu and mix to ensure all the sugar has dissolved.
6. Squeeze excess water from the gelatine leafs and dissolve on low heat. Add to the coconut milk.
7. Split mixture into two portions. In one portion, mix in lime zest and gently fold in half of the whipped cream. Divide into the prepared moulds and place in the fridge.
8. Using the second portion, mix in melted chocolate and then gently fold in the remaining cream.
9. Pour this mixture in to the half filled moulds which would have started to set.
Do this gently using the back of a spoon otherwise the two portions may mix in together.
10. Cover and allow to set overnight. To release the dessert from the mould, simply pull it away from the edges slightly and flip the dessert onto the serving plate.