With Anzac Day just around the corner, it’s the best time to bake up a storm and create some delicious Anzac biccies to share with friends and family after attending the dawn service on Friday. Kate Troup, naturopath and founder of W8less 40 Day Challenge, has shared her Healthy Anzac Biscuit recipe.
1 cup coconut flakes
1 cup almond meal
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
1/2 cup almond flakes
1/4 cup xylitol
3 tbsp honey or rice malt syrup*
1/3 cup coconut oil
1 tbsp water
1 tsp bicarb soda
1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees and line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Chop coconut flakes into pieces roughly the size of a rolled oat.
3. Mix together with almond meal and flakes, desiccated coconut and xylitol.
4. Heat together rice malt syrup, coconut oil and water, when melted add bi carb soda (the mix will fizz and bubble). Mix into dry ingredients and stir thoroughly.
5. Using wet hands, roll into small walnut-sized balls and place on baking tray. Press gently with the back of a fork.
6. Bake in oven for 15 minutes then remove and gently re-shape and press with the back of a fork. Return to oven and cook for another 10-15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool on the tray.
* Rice malt syrup is a better option (and makes them suitable for vegans) but use honey if you want a 100 per cent grain-free version.