Who can deny the delicious taste of avocado early in the morning? Certainly not us! Avocado toast is one of the easiest things you can enjoy for breakfast, especially with a freshly squeezed orange juice on the side. Create our favourite recipe with some sweet cherry tomatoes for extra flavour.
1 tsp abodo
Juice of 1/4 lime
1/2 pint cherry tomatoes (quartered)
1/4 red onion (finely chopped)
1 tbsp fresh parsley
1 tbsp olive oil
6 sourdough bread slices
- Line a tray with baking paper, and broil bread slices until golden on each side. Let the toast to cool.
- Mash the avocado, add the abodo, lime and mix well.
- In a different bowl, combine the tomatoes, red onion, parsley, salt and olive oil.
- Spread the avocado all over the the toast, and top off with tomato, red onion, parsley and olive oil.
- Season with salt or pepper.
Image and Recipe by Food, Wine, Thyme