• 3 ripe bananas
• 5 tbsp honey
• 4 tbsp olive oil
• 1 tbsp vanilla essence
• 1 cup self raising wholemeal flour
• 3/4 cup pecan meal
• 1/4 cup pecan pieces
1. Pre-heat oven to 210ºC (conventional oven), 190ºC (fan forced). Grease a 12 hole muffin pan.
2. Mash bananas in a large mixing bowl. Add the honey and oil to the bananas and mix.
3. Fold in the vanilla, flour and pecan meal and mix until just combined.
4. Spoon the mixture into the moulds and bake at 210ºC (conventional oven), 190ºC (fan forced) for 20minutes, or until browned.
5. When cooked remove the muffins from the mould and place on a wire rack to cool.