Just because your body is wrapped up under your winter woollies is no reason to neglect it! Have it looking gorgeous from the inside out – because you never know who might be seeing it!
BOD Creator Brett Pattinson has these top tips for looking after your body in winter:
1. Stay warm….the Chinese say wear a scarf the cold enter through your neck and throat.
2. Eat root vegies in the winter eg sweet potatoes, pumpkin, turnips carrots etc.
3. Eat lots of soups, stews and miso soup – all good for you and warming!
4. Have porridge for breakfast
5. Eat more fibres and grains in the winter.
6. Drink lots of water…beauty starts from within.
7. Use oil based products rather than cream based products (Sandalwood, etc)
8. Wear natural lip balms as lips get dry and cracked in the winter
9. Take vitamins and herbs like garlic, vitamin C and herbs like olive leaf and astragalus for health.
10. Spend more time having hot baths in Epsom salts and other essential oils to strengthen your winter Qi.
Top winter body products!
Vanilla smooch lip balm, $13.95
Bod’s lip balm recipe boasts the best healing, protecting, softening and soothing qualities for your lips. Filled with paw paw rich in vitamins A and C and well renowned for healing wounds and cracked skin. Call 1800 009 886 for stockists or buy online at www.bod.com.au.
White lotus blend bath salts, $ 11.95
Transport yourself somewhere a little more exotic than your bathroom
when you next slip into the tub. These white lotus blend bath salts combine monoi, a coconut oil infused with gardenia flower, with aphrodisiac frangipani, cleansing organic Australian white clay, sea salt and detoxifying epsom salts. Add one sachet or 2 tablespoons to a warm bath and soak for 15-30 minutes. Bliss! Call 1800 009 886 for stockists or buy online at www.bod.com.au.
Sandalwood body oil, $28.95
Elevate your senses and soothe your soul with bod’s certified organic sandalwood, rosewood & patchouli blend body oil. Ideal for dry, cracked skin it helps to rejuvenate, stimulate new cells and calm inflamed skin. Excellent for blistering cold winter days! Call 1800 009 886 for stockists or buy online at www.bod.com.au.
Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula Skin Smoothing, $9.95
It’s quite possibly the quickest, easiest, most thorough way of smoothing your skin – daily. How? It exfoliates your skin while moisturising it at the same time. Genius really! Apply after a shower while skin is still a touch damp for best results! Get it at Price Attack, Priceline, Target, Terry White Chemists and good pharmacies and health food stores.