Beat the winter blues with Aromatherapy
Here are a few tips to get you started with aromatherapy:
1. Always use quality oils and make sure they are 100% essential oils not perfumed or fragranced oils trying to pass themselves off as essential oils. Essential oils are derived from true plants; perfumed oils are artificially created fragrances that don?t offer the same therapeutic benefits.
2. Store your oils in a cool, dark place.
3. When purchasing tea lights check how long they burn for. Some last up to 8 hours and others only burn for 2-3 hours.
4. Don?t leave your oil burner going while you go out or go to bed as they should never be left unattended while alight.
5. Put your oil burner somewhere central in your house/apartment to let the natural scent flow through.
6. If you have young children about and don’t trust them around an oil burner, the Sunbeam Therapeutics Aromatherapy Diffuser is the perfect alternative. It makes genuine aromatherapy simple and accessible to everybody. Designed in Australia, the starter kit is easy to use and a four-hour timer makes it safe to leave unattended. The Sunbeam Therapeutics Aromatherapy Diffuser is available from department stores and electrical retailers nationally. RRP: $19.95. Consumer inquiries: 1 800 025 059 or www.sunbeam.com.au
As essential oils can be quite powerful it is good to know what oils are going to assist with what emotions. Here are a list of some of the Shesaid Team?s favourite winter oils:
– Geranium ? great for relaxing and calming
– Cypress ? great for relaxing and warming. Cypress was highly sought after by ancient civilizations as a medicine and an incense.
– Chamomile ? great for strengthening and soothing, Chamomile can be used to counteract agitation, heat and anger.
– Lavender ? one of the most versatile essential oil ? perfect for winter as helps get rid of stress, tension, and headaches. Perfect to add a couple of drops to a warm bath at night to help beat insomnia.
– Orange ? helps provide emotional balance and can help bring out a more positive outlook on life especially during those long, grey winter days.
Creating your very own ?signature? blend of essential oils can be fun and rewarding at the same time. Don?t limit your creativity! Experiment by putting together your favourite oils that make you feel good and before you know it you will have the perfect winter pick-me-up!
Click here for more aromatherapy varieties