Combination skin is often difficult to control since different parts of your skin require extra love and care. This skin type is often characterised by an oily chin, nose and forehead but often dry cheeks. Why spend lots of money on products that won’t work half the time? Create this homemade facemask with a bunch of natural ingredients you probably have in your pantry!
Banana face mask
Not only is banana good for you, it’s also great for treating combination skin. Bananas are unique fruits which contain magnesium, folic acid and even potassium which helps to hydrate dry skin. Apply to your problem areas, and notice a significant different in your skins appearance.
1 teaspoon honey
1 teaspoon full-cream milk
1. Pour the milk into a hot pan and bring it to a complete boil.
2. Remove the pan off the stove, and set aside so it can cool down. Scoop up the milk (a skin should’ve developed over the top), and deposit into a small bowl.
3. Mash the banana, and add the egg, honey and milk.
4. Spread the mixture on your problem areas, then relax for 10 minutes,
5. Remove the mask with lukewarm water, then moisturise as usual.
Tips for combination skin
- Combination skin is more likely to break out since it’s typically quite irritable. Make sure to wash your skin daily with a mild cleanser, and always moisturise in the morning and at night.
- If you’re noticing some unusual breakouts, trim down your skincare routine and stop using products with fragrance. This is most likely the culprit which is causing your breakouts. Try using natural skincare and makeup products which are fragrance-free.
- Never try more than 2 new products at the same time. This could only disrupt your skin, and cause unnecessary breakouts or possibly scarring.
- Avoid exfoliating since this could only anger your skin. The very small mirco-beads have the tendency to scratch the surface of your skin, which could lead to more frequent and aggravated breakouts.
- Never sleep with your makeup on! This could get into your pores and lead to nasty breakouts which can prove to be incredibly painful. Use a Clarisonic or PMD to effectively deep-clean your skin.
Image via Beautylish