We’ve tried a lot of chocolate chip cookie recipes, and believe us, this really is the ultimate recipe. The cookies have that perfect chewy texture and smell divine. Adding chopped nuts is optional, but serving with a glass of milk is a must! A great baking recipe for the kids too.
3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups plain flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1-2 cups chocolate chips
1 cup pecan or walnut pieces (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 190C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Mix the sugars, butter, vanilla extract and egg in a large bowl.
3. Sift the flour, baking soda and salt together. Stir it into the sugar mixture, followed by the chocolate chips and nuts if using. Do not over mix.
4. Scoop rounded tablespoonfuls of dough and place them 5cm apart on the baking tray. You can also use an ice cream scoop (flatten the top before baking for flat, round cookies).
5. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until lightly brown. The cookies will still be a little soft, which makes them chewy when cool. Allow to cool slightly then cool on a wire rack.
Note: if you like crispy chocolate chip cookies cookies, leave them in the oven for 10-12 minutes, keeping an eye on them so they don’t get too dark.
What’s your favourite chocolate chip cookie recipe?