Today is Shrove Tuesday, so it’s time to batter up and make a batch of these best-ever pancakes. All you need are four everyday ingredients and these fluffy, light-as-air pancakes are on the table.
Makes 20 small pancakes
Preparation time: 10 minutes. Cooking time: 15 minutes
1 1⁄2 cups self-raising flour
1 1⁄2 cups (375mL) skim milk
1 tbs butter or low fat spread
1. Sift flour into a bowl. Make a well in the centre. Whisk together the milk and eggs in a large bowl.
2. Add the milk mixture to the flour mixture, whisking constantly until a smooth batter forms.
3. Heat a non-stick frying pan over low heat and melt a little butter or low fat spread.
4. Add 2 tablespoons of mixture, spread quickly to form a circle. Cook until bubbly, a little dry around the edges, and lightly browned on the bottom; turn and brown the other side.
5. Serve these delicious pancakes with your favourite topping.
Bacon and maple syrup? Bananas and macadamias? How do you serve your pancakes?