Minimal effort required.
If you’re not one to create festive cocktails during the holiday season, then why not channel your energy into getting creative in the kitchen instead with this sweet, refreshing dessert that requires surprisingly little effort.
The combination of ginger beer, coconut and rum will tickle the fancy of most and despite being a festive treat, it can be enjoyed year round; add a scoop to your Christmas pudding or have some as a light Summer refreshment. The best thing about this recipe is there’s no ice-cream machine required, so it’s perfect for your inner lazy girl.
- 2 1/2 cups of Buderim Ginger Beer, well chilled
- 1/2 cup of raw sugar
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/3 cup of Buderim Ginger Naked Ginger
- 1 shot of dark rum
- Finely grated lime zest
- Frozen raspberries
1. Whisk together ginger beer and sugar until foam subsides and sugar completely dissolves in a large jug. This may take about two to four minutes.
2. Whisk in coconut milk and salt.
3. Stir in ginger.
4. Pour mixture into a large freezer-stable container or baking dish (the larger the container, the quicker the freezing time). Cover and freeze. Eat and serve as is, or, if you’re not in a lazy mood, take it to the next level by breaking up the frozen mixture into small pieces and spooning into a food processor bowl fitted with a metal blade. Process until smooth and gradually add rum.
5. Pour into a freezer stable airtight container, cover with freezer wrap and gently press down to cover the surface of the sorbet. Freeze until firm and serve with frozen raspberries and grated lime zest.
Image and recipe courtesy of buderimginger.com