These tasty parcels are filled with a delicious, Middle Eastern-inspired filling of chicken, feta and herbs and topped with a fragrant lemon and herb dukkah. Serve with a salad for a special midweek dinner.
Ingredients – serves 4
2 tbsp olive oil
Olive oil spray
2 free range chicken breast fillets, cubed into 2cm pieces
100g feta, crumbled
20-40g Table of Plenty Lemon & Herb Dukkah
9 sheets filo pastry
1 cup chicken stock (if needed)
½ red onion, chopped
½ red capsicum, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 tsp paprika
1 tbsp dried oregano
1 tbsp chopped fresh continental parsley
Salt and pepper
1. In a heated heavy bottomed pan, over a medium-high heat, pour in olive oil, cubed free range chicken breasts, red onion, red capsicum and chopped garlic. Sautee ingredients for several minutes. Add part chicken stock to stop ingredients from sticking to pan.
2. Add dried oregano, paprika and salt and pepper to taste. Pour in remaining chicken stock if needed. Mixture should be moist but not wet. Continue to cook another 10 -12 minutes until chicken is fully cooked. Toss in chopped continental parsley. Allow to cool at least 30 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line baking tray with greaseproof paper.
4. Place filo pastry sheets on counter. Spray with olive oil in between every layer (9) and then carefully cut into 4 sections with sharp knife (not serrated).
5. Place equal portion of cooled chicken filling on each filo pastry section. Crumble feta on top and loosely bring filo pastry up towards the middle, leaving the middle portion of ingredients exposed. Sprinkle a generous portion of Table of Plenty Lemon & Herb Dukkah on top.
6. Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until golden in colour. Remove from oven.
Serve with a fresh green salad.
What are you having for dinner tonight?