Here’s a sweet treat for the last-minute rush before Easter Sunday morning!
6 medium milk chocolate eggs
500g milk chocolate gelato
125g white chocolate
125g thickened cream
50g caramel fudge sauce
- Take gelato out of the freezer for 10 minutes to soften.
- Carefully cut off the tops of the milk chocolate eggs and fill the eggs with milk chocolate gelato (leaving approximately 1.5cm to the rim).
- Place eggs into the freezer for gelato to set again.
- Prepare the White Chocolate ganache by finely chop the white chocolate and place it into a bowl, heat the thickened cream in a small sauce pan until just boiling, pour the cream onto the white chocolate and stir until completely melted and let it cool.
- Take the eggs out of the freezer.
- Pour a thin layer of white chocolate ganache in each egg to cover the gelato.
- Place eggs in the freezer for 5 minutes for ganache to set firm.
- Take eggs out of the freezer and distribute a small dollop of caramel fudge sauce on the white choc ganache to replicate an egg yolk.
- Place eggs back in the freezer until serving time.