You guessed it, this layered crepe cake tastes just like Nutella! Incredibly, it only takes 30 minute to prepare, and makes a very impressive dessert when entertaining.
Preparation time: 10 minutes, cooking time: 20 minutes
2 egg yolks
125g plain flour
½ tbsp castor sugar
250g hazelnut spread
2/3 cup thickened cream, whipped
½ cup thickened cream
1 tbsp brown sugar
100g dark chocolate, roughly chopped or broken into pieces
1. Place eggs, yolks, flour and milk in a bowl and using a whisk, mix to a smooth batter.
2. Heat a non-stick frying pan, and spray lightly with oil.
3. Pour in some batter and swirl the pan around to evenly and thinly cover the base. Cook until lightly browned before turning, then cook other side until lightly browned and cooked through. Set aside and repeat the process until all of the batter is used.
For the chocolate sauce, place cream and sugar into a saucepan and bring to a simmer.
4. Add chocolate, then remove from heat and stir until smooth. Place into a jug and set aside to cool.
5. Place one crêpe onto a cake stand or plate, spread with hazelnut spread and whipped cream. Spread another crêpe with hazelnut spread and whipped cream, then place on top of the first crêpe and repeat this process until the last layer of crêpe.
Before serving, pour the chocolate sauce over the crêpes.
6. Serve with fresh strawberries, raspberries or blueberries.
Delicious tip:Add 1 tbsp of hazelnut or coffee liquor to the chocolate sauce for that special indulgence.
What’s your favourite impressive dessert recipe?