Glee star Cory Monteith died of a “mixed drug toxicity” of heroin and alcohol, officials say.

“At this point there is no evidence to suggest Mr. Monteith’s death was anything other than a most-tragic accident,” the BC Coroners Service said in a statement.

“There was evidence in the room that was consistent with a drug overdose,” confirmed police spokesman Constable Brian Montague.

An autopsy and toxicology tests were performed on Monteith, 31, after he was found dead in a Vancouver hotel on Sunday morning.

Monteith had been out with three people the night before, but returned to his hotel room alone in the early hours.

The Canadian-born actor had recently completed a month-long stint in rehab after a lifelong battle with substance abuse.

Meanwhile girlfriend and co-star Lea Michele has been grieving with Monteith’s family.

“Lea is deeply grateful for all the love and support she’s received from family, friends, and fans,” she said in a statement issued today.

“Since Cory’s passing, Lea has been grieving alongside his family and making appropriate arrangements with them.

“They are supporting each other as they endure this profound loss together.”