The great thing about this quiche is you can use whatever you have in the fridge (we like broccoli and cheddar), plus a crustless quiche saves on cooking time. Serve with a crisp salad for a delicious midweek dinner.
Butter, for ramekins
1 small head broccoli, cut into small florets
6 large eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 175C. Butter four 1 cup ramekins (or a 22cm pie dish).
2. Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil. Add broccoli florets; cook 5 minutes until cooked but still crisp. Drain well.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and nutmeg. Stir in broccoli and cheese.
4. Place ramekins on a baking sheet. Ladle broccoli mixture into ramekins or pie dish. Bake until golden brown, 35 to 40 minutes.
5. Serve with a crisp salad.
What’s your favourite quiche?