This decadent chocolate delight is so versatile. Present it to friends as an impressive, handmade gift, serve as an accompaniment to coffee at the conclusion of a dinner party, or simply embellish it with your favourite nuts and fruits and indulge yourself.
250g Well Naturally Sugar Free Dark Chocolate Melts
50g dried cranberries
Edible glitter (optional)
- Fill a small saucepan with Fill a saucepan with water to 1/3 full. Place the saucepan over medium heat and bring to a simmer, not a boil. Take a glass bowl and rest it over the saucepan, ensuring that the bowl does not touch the water. You have now created a double boiler.
- Place 2/3 of the chocolate into the glass bowl and reserve 1/3 for later use.
- With a wooden spoon, gently stir the chocolate as it melts. Place a cooking thermometer into the chocolate and melt chocolate to 45 degrees C. Remove the bowl from the heat and place on a bench top.
- Add the remaining 1/3 of the chocolate to the melted chocolate mixture and stir constantly with your wooden spoon until the chocolate’s temperature comes down to 32 degrees C and the chocolate has melted. You should have glossy, melted chocolate ready for decorating.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and pour the chocolate mixture onto the paper. Move the tray from side to side to ensure that the chocolate covers the base of the tray evenly.
- Sprinkle the chocolate with the pistachio nuts, cranberries and edible glitter and then place in the fridge to set. This should take no more than 30 minutes.