Today news.com.au announced the 10 defining moments of the Noughties as voted by readers. What do you think?
* Michael Jackson’s death
* Socceroo John Aloisi’s goal that sent Australia into the World
Cup for the first time in over 20 years
* The September 11 terrorist attacks
* The introduction of the Apple iPod
* The global financial crisis
* The boom of Facebook and social networking sites
* Heath Ledger’s iconic performance as the Joker in The Dark
* The Indian Ocean Boxing Day tsunami
* The recognition of same sex unions by Federal law
* The moment good Samaritans Brendan Keilar and Paul De Waard
went to help a woman being assaulted in central Melbourne and were shot
for doing so. Keilar was killed and De Waard, badly wounded.
Other memorable mentions include Osama Bin Laden (biggest villain of the
Noughties) and the introduction of crocs (worst look of the Noughties).
What do you think?