Why travel to Paris for a mouth-watering crème brûlée when you can make one at home? Not only is this much-loved French dessert easy to make, but our recipe takes less than 30 minutes and the results are incredible! So clear your schedule and invite some friends and family over for this yummy treat tonight.
4 egg yolks
1 vanilla pod
Caster sugar (to sprinkle on top)
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (400ºF).
- Combine all the egg yolks, sugar, and mix a few at a time.
- Slice open the vanilla pod, and remove the seeds with a sharp knife. Add these seeds into the previous mixture, then pour into ramekins.
- Place all the ramekins in a heat-proof dish with cold water, this will help the crème brûlée to form an even consistency.
- After you have removed them from the oven, let them cool. Place into the fridge overnight so the entire mixture can set.
- The next morning, sprinkle some caster sugar over each pod, and caramelise under the grill. Easy!
Image and Recipe via Nigella, Kuchenne Love Story