Ombré seems to be the latest trend which we all are dying to incorporate into our makeup, haircare and wardrobe looks of the season. To create a subtle ombré effect, simply use two different shades on your lips to create a gradient effect – and don’t forget to blend in well!
What you will need:
1 dark lipstick
1 dark lipliner
1 shimmery powder eyeshadow
1 small, flat brush to blend
1. Give your lips a good scrub with a clean toothbrush, since this will remove any dry or dead skin cells.
2. Put on your darker lipstick as usual. If you find it particularly difficult, use a lip brush to carefully apply the colour to your top and bottom lips.
3. Line your lips with the dark lipliner, and pay special attention to the corners of your mouth. Blend the liner into the lips so there aren’t any visible, harsh lines.
4. Instead of using a lighter lipstick, apply a small amount of highlighting eyeshadow on the centre of your bottom lip. This will create the lighter, gradient effect without packing on too much product. Make sure to blend it in well into the middle of your lips.
5. Use a gloss on your lips for a pouty look!
Image via The Beauty Junkee