These tacos are so easy to make, and we think they’re a super fun dish to serve next time you’re entertaining. Lay out bowls of salsa, herbs and lime and let friends assemble their own tacos!
Ingredients – serves 4
2 tsp each ground coriander and smoked paprika
1 tsp each ground chilli and ground cumin
4 duck breasts
12 mini flour tortillas
1 lime, juiced
1½ cups pitted fresh cherries, coarsely chopped
½ small red onion, finely chopped
1/4 cup finely chopped coriander
1 jalapeño or long green chilli, finely chopped
1 lime, juiced
1. Combine spices and salt in a wide shallow bowl and coat duck breasts in the spice mixture.
2. Place duck breasts skin-side down in a cold, large frying pan, turn the heat onto low-medium and cook, rendering the fat, for 10 minutes until the skin is golden and the fat has rendered.
3. Increase heat to medium-high, turn the duck breasts over and cook for a further 5 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
4. Transfer the duck to a plate and cover loosely with foil. Set aside to rest for 5 minutes.
5. Warm tortillas according to packet instructions.
6. Mash avocado in a bowl with lime juice until combined and season well with salt.
To assemble the tacos:
Spoon avocado down the centre of warmed tortillas. Slice duck breasts and divide among tortillas. Top with cherry salsa (recipe below) and serve.
To make the cherry salsa:
1. Combine ingredients in a bowl and season to taste.
Sweet? Savoury? What’s your favourite cherry dish?