Sometimes we all need some good comfort food and these chicken and leek pot pies are just that. Perfect for a cold day, they’re ready in less than 40 minutes and are full of flavour. Don’t mess around with tricky pies – these are super easy, so give them a go!
600g chicken thigh fillets, trimmed and diced
4 rashers shortcut bacon, diced
1 medium leek, trimmed, halved and sliced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 teaspoons fresh rosemary leaves
¼ cup dry white wine
1 ½ sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
1 egg, lightly beaten
2 tsp cornflour
½ cup chicken stock
¾ cup thickened cooking cream
200g broccoli, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat then cook chicken for five minutes or until brown.
- Add bacon, leek, garlic and rosemary and cook for a further five minutes or until leek is soft.
- Add wine then bring to the boil.
- Meanwhile, using a cutter, cut 6 x 8cm rounds from the pastry and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Brush pastry rounds with egg and bake for ten minutes or until pastry is puffed and golden.
- Place cornflour in a jug then add two tablespoons of stock and stir until smooth.
- Stir in remaining stock then add to the frying pan with the cream.
- Bring to the boil, add broccoli, season with salt and pepper then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Simmer for five minutes until chicken is cooked and sauce has thickened.
- Spoon chicken mixture into 6 x ramekins then top with pastry rounds and serve.
Image via taste.com.au