Eating Your Way To Youth
Our mothers were onto something when they said, “You are what you eat.” The food you put in your body can be the most empowering weapon against the molecular mechanism behind cell degeneration that leads to ageing.
Luckily, you can stop the abuse and encourage the repair process with an arsenal of healing foods at your fingertips. There are dozens of “super foods” recommended, but here we will consider some of the least-acknowledged age-defying foods.
What foods do you need to eat to avoid the ageing process?
* Carefully choosing what we eat can be the most powerful agent against cellular degeneration and ageing.
* Capsicums, cherries, shiitake mushrooms, eggplants, beans, lentils and chickpeas are excellent anti-ageing foods, as are oysters, salmon and shellfish
* Seaweed is abundant in iodine, calcium and zinc, and with antibiotic and antiviral effects, seaweed can help restore the skin’s youthful qualities.
* Water is often overlooked but it is an important anti-ageing ingredient.
* Foods to avoid include: sugar, fried bacon, potato chips, white bread, white potatoes, corn oil and sugary processed cereals and snacks.
Top 10 foods to avoid
Modern dietary habits contribute to the acceleration of the ageing process. Dr Vincent Giampapa gives a list of the top 10 foods to avoid at the dinner table:
2. Fried bacon
3. Potato chips
4. White bread
5. White potatoes
6. Corn oil
7. Sugary processed cereals
8. Sugary processed snacks
9. Red meats and hot dogs
Read the whole article here.