Treat dad to perfect scrambled eggs with spicy stewed tomatoes, sweet corn and spring onion tortilla. It only takes 30 minutes to prepare and he’ll feel like a king all day!
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
½ cup skim milk
3 tsp margarine
1 tbsp olive oil
8 tomatoes, large and ripe, chopped
1 – 2 chillies, seeds removed and chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
Pepper and a pinch of sugar to taste
2 tsp butter
1 cup sweet corn
½ cup spring onion, sliced
2 tbsp coriander, chopped
1. Heat fry pan and add oil, garlic, chilli. Fry gently while stirring.
2. Add chopped tomatoes, season and simmer until soft and thickened, stirring occasionally.
3. Whisk the eggs and milk in a bowl and season. In a separate pan melt the margarine then add the egg mix gently stirring with a spatula until just cooked.
4. Place sweet corn and margarine in a plastic container, heat in the microwave on high for 45 seconds.
5. Place tortillas into bowls, top with tomato, eggs, sweet corn, spring onion and coriander. Perfect served with avocado, sautéed mushrooms or baked beans.
Breakfast in bed? Taking him out somewhere special? How do you treat dad on Father’s Day?