One of the most popular French Women Don’t Get Fat recipes, this Magical Breakfast Cream is everything you want for breakfast: tasty, healthy and ready in just a few minutes. It’s also a delicious way to get a serve of calcium.
From the French Women Don’t Get Fat Cookbook by Mireille Guiliano.
HAVE YOUR SAY:
"[…] eat breakfast. Try Miracle Breakfast Cream… I like mine with oats instead..."Comment »
Beware: this recipe is addictive. It’s also extremely easy and quick to make, and one can play and interchange so many ingredients. It is the perfect complete breakfast and will keep you from getting hungry until late lunch. Why do I call it Magical Breakfast Cream? Magical? Something that is a combination of tasty, easy, and so good for your well-being has to be magical, right?
Preparation Time: 10-15 Minutes
1/3 cup yogurt
1 teaspoon flaxseed oil
1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon honey (or to taste)
2 tablespoons (20g) finely ground cereal (with no added sugar such as Shredded Wheat)*
2 teaspoons (5g) finely ground walnuts*
1. Mix yogurt and oil in a bowl. Add lemon juice and mix well then add the honey and mix well. (It is important to add each ingredient one at a time, mixing well between additions to obtain a smooth, creamy texture.)
2. Add ground walnuts and cereal to the yogurt mixture and mix well. Serve at once.
* You can finely grind the cereal and walnuts using a small food processor or mortar and pestle.
* You can do a week’s worth of grinding cereal/nut mixture and keep it refrigerated so in the morning it will take just an instant to mix together!
* Flaxseed oil is rich in Omega-3 fatty acids, have no fear, you will not taste the oil in the fine creamy blend.
* I use Shredded Wheat cereal made from whole grain wheat, but you could add other wholegrain cereals which contain no added sugar.
What’s your favourite healthy breakfast recipe?