Frequently asked questions of SheSaid mobile
- How do I get shesaid mobile? (AKA: Installing bluepulse)
- What’s this bluepulse thing?
- Is this going to work on my phone?
- So what’s it going to cost me?
- How do I set up the internet (GPRS) on my phone?
- How do I create a bluepulse account?
- I’ve installed bluepulse but can’t find it on my phone, where is it?
- How do I use bluepulse buddies?
(MSN, Yahoo, ICQ and Buddies messengers)
- How do I install other applications onto my bluepulse virtual desktop?
- I’ve run out of pulse credits, what do I do now?
shesaid mobile questions
- What do I get with shesaid mobile?
- How does ‘Share shesaid mobile’ work?
- How do I enter competitions through Shesaid Mobile?
- Question 4
If you can’t find an answer here, try the forums at bluepulse www.bluepulse.com
1.How do I get shesaid mobile?
Send an SMS containing ‘shesaid’ to 19997768. You’ll receive a special SMS back which can take you to a webpage on your phone. This webpage will detect the best version of bluepulse to download and give you a link. Click on this link and the download will begin. Once bluepulse is downloaded it will install on your phone. Some alerts will pop up about the version number and bluepulse being a ‘third party application’. Continue to press install/continue until the process is finished.
2. What’s this bluepulse thing?
bluepulse is a mobile delivery platform. What that means is that you can access content like that on shesaid regardless of where you are, what phone you have and what telco (Telstra, Optus, Vodafone, etc) you are with. bluepulse means that within a couple of keypresses your phone can access all kinds of information you would normally need to be in front of a computer to access.
3. Is this going to work on my phone?
We currently support over 250 handsets from all sorts of manufacturers. If you have a data enabled phone (which almost everyone does these days, even if you dont realise), chances are your phone is supported.
Below is a list of the phones we have tested and know will work. If your phone isn’t on the list, it doesn’t mean that your phone isn’t supported – all we can suggest is that you try it out!
If you have a phone that it works on that isnt on the list, drop in to the bluepulse forums and let us know so that we can tell everyone else.
- Alcatel: One Touch 735i, 756
- Audiovox: 8450, 8920, 9950
- BenQ: P30
- Hitachi: P300
- LG: 4600, C1300, G4015, G4050, G5300, G5310, G5400, G5410, G5500, G7050, G7070, G7100, G7120, L1200, L1400, LX5350, LX5450, PM-325, U8110, U8120, U8138, U8150
- Mitsubishi: M750
- Motorola: A008, A388, A388c, A630, A760, A830, A835, A920, A925, A1000, 6288, C550, C650, E550, E680, E398, RAZR V3, T720, T722i, T280i, V180, V220, V300, V400, V500, V505, V525, V551, V600, V620, V60i, V66i, V730, V750, V80, V980, V3
- Motorola iDEN: i50sx, i55sr, i58sr, i80s, i85s, i88s, i90c, i95cl, i730, i733, i736, i830, i860
- NEC: c313, c616, e313, e616
- Nokia: 3100, 3105, 3108, 3120, 3200, 3220, 3230, 3300, 3410, 3510i, 3520, 3530, 3560, 3595, 3600, 3620, 3650, 3660, 5100, 5140, 6010, 6100, 6108, 6200, 6220, 6225, 6230, 6260, 6585, 6600, 6610, 6620, 6630, 6650, 6651, 6670, 6800, 6810, 6820, 7200, 7210, 7250, 7600, 7610, 7650, 7710, 8910i, 9210, 9210i, 9290, 9300, 9500, N-Gage, N-Gage QD
- palmOne: Treo 600, Treo 650, Tungsten C, Tungsten E, Tungsten T3, Tungsten T5, Tapwave Zodiac
- Panasonic: X701
- Philips: 755
- Qtek: 8010, 8080, 9090
- RIM BlackBerry: 5810, 5820, 6210, 6220, 6230, 6510, 6710, 6720, 6750, 7100, 7210, 7230, 7250, 7280, 7290, 7510, 7520, 7730, 7750, 7780
- Sagem: MY V-65, MY X-7
- Samsung: IP-A790, MM-A700, SGH-C100, SGH-D500E, SGH-D700, SGH-P400, SGH-P510, SGH-S100, SGH-S200, SGH-S300, SGH-S307, SGH-X100, SGH-X400, SGH-X427, SGH-X450, SGH-X460, SGH-X600, SPH-A500, SPH-A600, SPH-A660, SPH-A680, SPH-A700, SPH-N400, VM-A680
- Sanyo: MM-5600, MM-7400, RL-4920, RL-7300, S750, SCP-4900, SCP-5300, SCP-5400, SCP-5500, SCP-6400, SCP-7200, SCP-7300, SCP-7400, SCP-8100, SCP-8200, VM-4500
- Sendo: X
- Sharp: GX-i98, GX10i, GX12, GX13, GX15, GX20, GX22, GX27, GX30, GX31, GX32, TM150
- Siemens: 2128, A56i, C55, C60, C65, CF62, CX65, M50, M55, M55C, M56, MC60, MT50, S55, S56, S57, S57C, S65, SL55, SL56, ST60, SX-1
- Sony Ericsson: F500, K500, K700, P800, P802, P900, P908, P910, S700, T608, T610, T616, T618, T628, T630, T637, V800, Z1010, Z500a, Z600, Z608
- Toshiba: VM4050
4. So what’s it going to cost me?
The SMS will cost you $5. Around $3 of that will go to your telco (Telstra, Optus, etc) and you will get 200 credits ($2 worth).
Subscribing to shesaid mobile will cost 8 credits a day and you’ll get free access to a great variety of other applications such as club, gig & restaurant guides, TV and movie times and lots more. If at any time you choose to unsubscribe, you will stop spending those credits.
If you run out of credits you can choose to purchase more ? if you choose not to, you will still have access to the free applications (such as the messenger).
5. How do I set up the internet (GPRS) on my phone?
It’s likely that your phone will be set up to use the internet already, in which case just select the correct profile (eg: ‘Telstra.internet’) and you’ll be ready to go.
To get the correct settings, you can either download them by clicking on the appropriate link below or you can call your carrier and ask them to do it. If you call simply ask for the ‘GPRS Internet profile’ and they’ll talk you through the rest.
Telstra configure.telstra.com.au/index_phone.shtml you need ‘Telstra.internet’
Optus optus.wds.net.au/m2m.cfm you need ‘yes Info Wireless Internet’
Vodafone wireless.vodafone.com.au/m2mwap/ you need ‘VF AU Internet’
Telstra – 125111
Optus – 1300 720 216
Vodafone – 1300 301 030
6. How do I create a bluepulse account?
When you are prompted, select ‘New user’, enter a username and password (Remember these!).
This login can also be used on www.bluepulse.com to maintain your account.
Once you have created your account you will be logged into the bluepulse virtual desktop on your phone!
7. I’ve installed bluepulse but can’t find it on my phone. Where is it?
Different phones will place bluepulse in different areas. On many phones it will be in the main menu and you can navigate to it much the same as opening your messages or photo’s.
If it isn’t in your main menu, try looking in the ‘Applications’ or ‘Java’ directory.
8. How do I use bluepulse buddies?
(MSN, Yahoo, ICQ and Buddies messengers)
When you get shesaid mobile, you will also notice the bluepulse instant messenger called Buddies.
If you have an existing MSN, Yahoo! or ICQ account you can chat with your contacts through bluepulse. To enter your details go to ‘Accounts’, select the appropriate messenger and log in. All of your contacts will appear in the main buddies menu once you successfully log in.
To add a buddy, select ‘Add Contact’, choose which messenger they are on then enter their username.
9. How do I install other applications onto my bluepulse virtual desktop?
shesaid is just one application of many which exist on bluepulse. By subscribing to shesaid you gain free access to all the other ‘Lifestyle’ applications which include restaurant and gig guides, tv and movie times and a lot more.
Not bad for 8 cents a day!
To browse and install applications, go to the ‘Control Panel’, located on the bluepulse virtual desktop. Select ‘Install’ followed by a category. Select an application to get more information, then ‘Install’ if you want to go ahead.
10. I’ve run out of pulse credits, what do I do now?
There are two simple ways to purchase more credits:
Either send the word ‘Credit’ to 19997768 – This will buy you 200 credits to spend on anything you like, including ringtones, games and of course shesaid mobile.
Or log in to www.bluepulse.com using your same login for your bluepulse account on your phone. Here you can purchase credits using a credit card receiving 800 credits for $10 or 2000 credits for $25.
11. What do I get with shesaid mobile?
Competitions: Read about and enter the current shesaid competitions right from your phone
Beauty & Fashion: Keep ahead of the fashion with articles full of beauty and fashion tips & info.
Sex & Relationships & Gossip
12. How does ‘Share shesaid mobile’ work?
If your friends feel left out because they don’t have shesaid mobile, simply open up ‘Share shesaid mobile’ and enter their phone number.
They’ll receive a free SMS telling them that you thought they’d enjoy shesaid mobile. All they have to do is reply with the word ‘yes’. Easy!
13. How do I enter competitions through Shesaid Mobile?
Shesaid mobile allows you to enter the current competitions, just like the website!
Once you have read the question and know what the prizes are, select ‘Enter’ and write in your response. Easy!
14. How do I email an article to my computer?
When you come across articles that you want to read more about, simply go to ‘Email article…’ and enter your email address.
Moments later you’ll receive an email with a link to the full article on the Shesaid website.