Lenard’s garlic chicken mignon (serves 4)
6 Lenard’s chicken thigh fillets
4 rashes of bacon
2 wooden skewers
50grams of unsalted butter
1 clove of garlic, chopped finely
1. Trim the rind off the bacon if necessary and square off to form 4 even strips.
2. Cut thigh fillets lengthways into halves.
3. Take three of these portions and lay them in a line with each portion overlapping the next, then roll them into a coil.
4. Lay the coil flat and enclose the outer perimeter with a rasher of bacon, pulling it as tight as possible.
5. Secure the bacon in place by passing the skewer through the middle of the mignon.
6. Repeat til you have four mignons.
7. Place the mignons on a lightly greased baking tray and bake in a moderate oven for 35 minutes.
8. Meanwhile, place butter and garlic in a small saucepan over low heat and cook, stirring, for 2 minute or until butter melts.
9. Pour over the cooked mignons.
Serving suggestion: Serve on a bed of creamy sweet potato mash and blanched asparagus.
Quick version: Buy Lenard’s Chicken Mignons already prepared at your closest Lenard’s store.