Even after a break from the public eye, Blake Lively’s red carpet form at Cannes and the CFDA Awards placed her firmly back on our fashion radar. Sure it can’t hurt to be wearing the likes of bespoke Chanel or Michael Kors….but what really lifts her look to a 10 is that perfectly primped main of glamazon hair. Her signature look? Those long locks of cascading curls. It’s the best accessory for a minimalist outfit.
I asked Professional Hair and Make Up Artist Sylwia Lukosz how to achieve the look at home:
- Prep damp hair with volumising mousse – apply generously at the roots and comb through to ends. Sylwia likes Schwarzkopf mousse and Smoothing Creme by CPR.
- Create a side part and blow dry hair, brushing downward to smooth the cuticle.
- Section hair into 4-5cm strands and set in rollers. Sylwia recommends Babyliss hot rollers.
- After 15 minutes remove rollers and brush gently with a wide tooth comb.
- Remember: Hairspray is your friend.
Here is the recreated look on Sydney model Jess:
With a background in publishing, Allison Voight has written for numerous local and international fashion magazines. She also has her own style blog, StylistaSister. She is Creative Director at Voight Photography and Design, which she co-owns with her photographer husband. Their work has appeared in publications including Vogue Australia, Cielo, Elle, En Vie and Fashion TV.