We’re kind of obsessed with the chic, French-inspired hair at the Peter Som A/W 2014 show at New York Fashion Week – think Anna Karina and Jeanne Moreau. Celebrity hairstylist and Wella Professionals Global Creative Director Eugene Souleiman took inspiration from iconic French styles – from the 1960’s to the present day.
Here’s how to get the look at home.
1. Wash and condition hair using Wella Professionals Brilliance Shampoo and Conditioner to help preserve the shade and shine of colour treated hair.
2. Apply Perfect Setting Blow Dry Lotion and blow dry the hair using a round brush to create natural volume.
3. Spray Wella Professionals Ocean Spritz Beach Texture Spray to the roots of the hair, to create texture.
4. Create a semi-part in the side of the hair and insert pre-coloured extension pieces through the head for desired amount of colour.
5. Gently blow dry with fingers focusing on the roots to create extra lift.
6. Using fingertips, massage the roots focusing on the crown to create a raised ‘static’ texture to the hair.
7. Take the front section of the hair and position bobby pins to gently hold the hair.
8. To create more texture, lift random sections of the hair and spray with Wella Professionals Stay Essential Finishing Spray.
What do you think of the Peter Som hair at NYFW?