Downton Abbey’s Michelle Dockery looked so pretty at the SAG Awards, pairing porcelain skin and classic red lips with one of the most copied hair up styles, the elegant updo, or textured bun. Here’s how hairstylist Mara Roszak created this gorgeous celebrity hairstyle.
1. On damp hair, Mara added L’Oréal Paris Advanced Hairstyle Boost It Volume Inject Mousse all over, from the roots to ends.
2. She then blow-dried the hair with a medium round brush to maximise volume and movement.
3. Once Michelle’s hair was dry, Mara lightly sprayed L’Oréal Paris Advanced Hairstyle Boost It High Lift Creation Spray throughout for added texture.
4. Mara then flat ironed the ends for a straight look.
5. She gently teased the crown and gathered Michelle’s hair into a low ponytail that was secured with an elastic band, and wrapped a piece of hair around the ponytail to disguise the fastener.
6. To create the textured and piecey look, she added a dab of L’Oréal Paris Advanced Hairstyle TXT It Super Fix Putty.
7. Mara finished off Michelle’s hair with L’Oréal Paris Advanced Hairstyle Lock It Weather Control Hairspray to set the hairstyle.
Are you a fan of Michelle Dockery’s updo hairstyle?