Create a classic smokey-eye with a twist by using vibrant pops of colour to spice up your entire makeup look.
Not only do shades of purple suit every skin eye and colour, but they’re really versatile and can be adapted for both day and night. Follow our easy purple smokey-eye tutorial for a special night out.
1. To allow your makeup to stay on flawlessly without creasing, use an eye primer and dab lightly onto the eyelid and surrounding area.
Face of Australia Eye Primer, $7.95
2. Create the illusion of bigger, brighter eyes by using a highlighting shade on your inner corner. This is perfect for opening the eye, and creating a soft base for the rest of the makeup.
Prestige Cosmetics My Brow Illuminating Jumbo Pencil, $15.95
3. Take a light purple shade and cover your entire eyelid. Buff it well into the skin by using an all-over eyeshadow brush for a flawless look.
Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Painted Purple, $11.95
4. To contour the eye, take a slightly darker shimmery shade and concentrate it into your socket. Use a soft crease brush and easily swipe across the outer perimeters of your eyes. Keep blending until there are no harsh lines left on the surface, and it looks perfectly blended or gradient.
Make Up Store Cybershadow in Bordeaux, $33
5. Add a winged liner if you want to create a stronger look; a felt-tip is perfect if you’re a beginner and don’t have quite a steady hand!
Benefit They’re Real Liner, $35
6. Curl your lashes as usual, then apply a generous coat of mascara over the top. Don’t forget to take some extra product and highlight the brow bone area as well.
L’Oreal Paris Volume Million Lashes Mascara, $27.95
Would you wear this look? Comment below and share your thoughts on purple eyeshadow.
Images via Pinterest