Give a modern twist to the classic cat eye look by tweaking just one factor – turning it upside down!
This unique look is easy enough for both beginners and experienced makeup artists, and is perfect for almost any type of occasion you can think of. All you need is a black eyeliner (gel, cream, or felt-tip) to get started.
What you need
- Eyeliner (of course)
- Cotton tips
- Micellar water (or makeup remover for smoothing out any lines)
- Prep your eyes with a primer to keep the colour lasting for longer, and also if you suffer from really oily eyelids.
- Line the bottom water line with a thin, black kohl pencil. This will create the very basis of your look.
- Use an angled brush, then dip it into the tip of the mascara. Carefully draw a line which extends from the lower lash line and outwards into the outer corner.
- To create the cat eye itself, place a sticky note extending from the outer corner, then simply use a felt-tip liner to draw the end. Draw it on as carefully as you can, then fill it in with the same angled brush.
- Simply remove the sticky note and use a cotton tip dipped in makeup remover to tidy up the flick.
Would you try this look at home?
Image via Byrdie