Whether you love it or hate it, there’s no denying that the top knot is a popular hairstyle especially amongst celebrities.
If you want to recreate this easy hairstyle, follow our steps and tips below to make this style your own – in under 2 minutes!
1. Brush through dry hair to remove any knots or tangles which could compromise the sleek top knot.
2. If you want your hair to look super-sleek, use a multi-purpose oil and lightly coat your hair from root to tip. For more volume, apply some dry shampoo to your roots to lift your hair ever so slightly.
Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse with shimmer, $29.99
Batiste Dry Shampoo Tropical, $15.95
3. Tease the roots with a backcomb, then gather all your hair into a high ponytail. Make sure if feels comfortable and secure – thicker hair may require an extra hair tie.
Models Prefer Teasing Comb, $4.49
4. Take another hair tie then thread your hair through half way. Simply pin back the extra strands with bobby pins, and create an even top knot with the rest of your hair.
5. Tease the lower strands of your hair by backcombing, and then pin it into the centre. This is a quick and easy way to achieve a top knot, and is even perfect for girls with super thick hair.
Image via Posh 24