Whether you just want a ‘quick fix’ or you want to go all out and create an at-home spa experience, there are some really easy ways to bring that luxe pampering experience to your own bathroom or living room. Skincarestore.com.au resident beauty expert Douglas Pereira reveals the tricks of the trade.
If you’re stretched for time but want to add a little indulgence to your normal bathroom routine, there is a simple way to do that. Here is a step-by-step guide;
• Turn on the shower and get the bathroom really steamed up. This will help open up all your pores.
• Cleanse your face with Ilsci Rose Petal (dry skin) or Lemon Cleanser (oily skin)
• Apply Ilsci Mineral Cleansing Concentrate. This melts and digests dead skin cells. Leave this on the skin for ten minutes as the steam will activate the product.
• In the meantime, exfoliate your body.
• Get into the shower and wash off the Mineral Concentrate and the exfoliant. Wash your hair and apply a treatment.
• Dry off and apply a masque (Doug recommends the Ilsci 7 Herbs Treatment or Sour Cherries Masque).
• With your body still a little bit damp, massage Dermalogica Stress Relieving Oil Treatment into the skin.
• Slip into your bathrobe and then sit back and relax for 15 minutes while the masque works its magic.
• Rinse off and apply moisturising eye and face treatments.
The Girly Day
A really fun and cost-effective way to have a pamper day with your friends is to do it at home. For this, Doug recommends using Ilsci products because they are organic and they smell beautiful. Here is a step-by-step guide;
• Ask your guests to bring a pair of open-toed slippers or thongs and a bathrobe with them.
• Around the dining room table set up as many ‘stations’ as there are guests. Each station should have a silver bowl, a headband and two face cloths. Along the centre of the table, lay out all the products you will be using and some cotton pads. Doug recommends offering two types of cleanser; one for oily and one for dry skin, exfoliant, a few different masques , moisturiser, eye cream, hand cream and cooling eye packs.
• Before your guests arrive, put on the latest Buddha Bar or Café del Mar CD and light a scented candle.
• Once everyone has arrived, fill up the silver bowls with warm water and a couple of drops of lavender oil, give everyone a glass of champagne and get started!
• Step 1 – Remove make-up
• Step 2 – Double cleanse and rinse
• Step 3 – Exfoliate and rinse
• Step 4 – Apply masques
• Step 5 – While the masques are drying, everyone should pair up and give each other a hand massage
• Step 6 – Change bowl of water, rinse off masque and apply eye cream and moisturiser
• Step 7 – Fill up everyone’s champagne glasses , sit back and relax
About Skincare Store Salon and skincarestore.com.au
Lowest Price Guaranteed, No Fuss Returns, Free Delivery to Australia and New Zealand. Skincare Store Salon specializes in facial skin therapy. We are also an online skincare retailer offering the best prices. A large number of our online brands are available in salon at our online prices. We also perform waxing and spray tanning. SkincareStore Salon: 664 Darling Street Rozelle NSW, www.skincarestore.com.au.