The low bun is a classic hairstyle that takes you from day to night. Here’s how Sebastian Professional Global Design Team Stylist, Anthony Cole, created the the look as seen at the Alice+Olivia fall/winter 2012 show at New York Fashion Week.
1. On damp hair, apply a palmful of Whipped Crème throughout. Then, layer in a palmful of Mousse Forte. This combination will give the hair long-lasting, frizz-free body.
2. Blow-dry smooth using a large round brush. Once dry, divide hair in half horizontally, from the hair line to the back of the crown. Pin aside the top section and pull the bottom into a tight ponytail at the occipital bone.
3. Twist the ponytail around the base and pin to secure. Spray with Re-Shaper hairspray for shape and hold.
4. Take down the top section and create a middle part. Take one side, spritz with Shaper hairspray and smooth back the section to twist and pin around the chignon in the back. Be sure to keep the hair loose in the front so the hairline does not show.
5. Repeat the twist and pin with the other section. Detail random pieces of the chignon with Craft Clay for matte hold.
6. Pull pieces from under each top section loose to frame the face.
7. Once in shape, lightly spray Trilliant over the finished look for a touch of shimmer and shine.
Are you a fan of this pretty hairstyle?