Caviar manicures are the hot new thing offering 3D statement nails to match any outfit. We show you how to get the caviar effect using any polish – the ultimate accessory to your autumn outfit!
First, start with Caviar Effect Nail Beads (RRP $19.95) by Italian cosmetics house LAYLA Cosmetics. These glass micro-beads come in 12 on-trend, opulent colours to match any outfit.
LAYLA Caviar Effect works with any polish and top coat, and removal is as simple as applying a regular nail polish remover. All LAYLA Cosmetics nail products are free from all the common nasties that can be found lurking in nail varnishes, such as formaldehyde, toluene, camphor and dibutyl phthalate (DBP).
To apply LAYLA Caviar Effect, select your desired polish, and begin by applying two coats as normal. On the third coat:
1. Apply polish to nail (one at a time), then place hand over a bowl, and sprinkle the caviar beads onto the wet polish in the desired effect. Move onto next nail, repeat.
2. Once finished applying the third coat and beads on one hand, go back and gently apply slight pressure to each nail, to embed the glass beads in the polish.
3. After completing both hands, allow to dry completely (approximately 15 minutes) before applying a top coat (any top coat). Be sure to coat the free edge in order to obtain a longer lasting manicure.
4. When finished, place the mini funnel (included with each bottle of LAYLA Caviar Effect) into the bottle and pour back the loose glass micro-beads caught by the bowl, for use next manicure.
5. For best results, apply another layer of top coat a few hours later.
LAYLA Caviar Effect is available from selected Price Attack and Hairhouse Warehouse stores, and at nailed.com.au.
Would you try a caviar manicure?